Friday 28 January 2011

Guilty mama

After three months of being back at work I've been asked to consider upping my hours (already!). Whilst the extra money is undeniably needed, I swore that I didn't want Pickle spending more time at nursery than at home with his mummy and daddy.

Increasing my hours would mean going from three to four days a week, although I would be able to keep Friday as my non-working day (thank goodness for long weekends!). I knew that being a working mum would be difficult, but I totally wasn't prepared for the feelings of guilt.

I'm sure most families could always do with a bit of extra money, I suppose my decision is really how much time away from the pickle I can face. On the plus side, we've got a fabulous nursery which Pickle adores, and I only have to commit to doing it for six months.

I could also be a bit savvy and use up some of my accrued leave to take holiday over the summer, meaning I could effectively carry on working three days, whilst being paid for four. That's not too naughty is it?

Would love to hear from any other mummies or daddies facing similiar decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment